You can make a difference as a Friendly Visitor!
Friendly Visitors are compassionate individuals and groups who engage in fun and meaningful activities with residents living in Dallas County long-term care facilities to build social connections and to enrich their lives.
The Senior Source provides opportunities for in-person and remote volunteer engagement.
NOTE: We DO NOT participate in court-appointed community service.
How You Can Help
- Click here for the Friendly Visitor Volunteer Application
- Volunteer in-person! Help with games, arts & crafts, themed parties, entertainment, and more (note: must follow facility COVID-19 healthcare screening protocol)
- Collect and donate pre-approved personal care items, recreational supplies, and pre-packaged snacks
- Create and send greeting cards & notes of encouragement
- Create arts & crafts to decorate resident rooms or surroundings
- Create short senior-friendly videos (educational, entertainment, family, hobbies, pets)