The Senior Source champions older adults. We empower active seniors to live with purpose and protect vulnerable older adults. We advocate for all of our rights as we age and ensure that financial and emotional well-being is achievable.
The Senior Source began in 1961 as the Senior Citizens Foundation of Dallas, providing assistance to older adults in Dallas County. Over the next 60 years, the agency added volunteer opportunities, nursing home resources, guardianship services, financial assistance and protection, fraud and scam prevention, employment services, and support for caregivers in Dallas and Collin Counties. In 2008, The Senior Source moved to its current location on Harry Hines Boulevard. In 2014, it launched a first-of-its-kind Elder Financial Safety Center to provide financial empowerment to older adults.
Who We Serve
The Senior Source is proud to serve all older adults regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
In 2021, The Senior Source:
- served more than 24,000 older adults
- mobilized more than 3,400 volunteers
- educated 19,000 seniors
- visited 16,000 long-term care residents, and
- launched hands-on computer classes for older adults
- 81% of our caregivers reported less stress after working with our Caregiver Support program
- 62% of seniors experienced a positive financial impact after working with our Elder Financial Safety team
- The USA today praised our efforts to keep clients connected an empowered
See more in our 2021 Impact Statement