Our Purpose, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan
The seniors and their families we serve aren’t two-dimensional and neither are the services that we will offer. We must embrace efficient and effective solutions. We must provide a welcoming culture to new employees, and we must grow our sphere of influence. Join us in this next dimension of aging.
The Senior Source began in 1961 as the Senior Citizens Foundation of Dallas, providing assistance to older adults in Dallas County. Over the next 60 years, the agency added volunteer opportunities, nursing home resources, guardianship services, financial assistance and protection, fraud and scam prevention, employment services, and support for caregivers in Dallas and Collin Counties. In 2008, The Senior Source moved to its current location on Harry Hines Boulevard. In 2014, it launched a first-of-its-kind Elder Financial Safety Center to provide financial empowerment to older adults.
Who We Serve
The Senior Source is proud to serve all older adults regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
In 2022, The Senior Source:
- served more than 24,000 older adults
- mobilized more than 3,100 volunteers
- educated 19,000 seniors
- created an $11 million impact, and
- graduated 645 seniors from our technology classes
- 88% of resident complaints in Long-Term Care Facilities were successfully resolved
Our new agency values:
- We put seniors at the center
- We have a heart and passion for our mission
- We all deserve a voice
- We spread joy
- We are committed to growth
See more in our 2022 Impact Statement