POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program Director
STATUS: Part time; non-exempt
The Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program protects the health, safety, welfare, and rights of Dallas County nursing home and assisted living residents by advocating for their quality of life and care. The Friendly Visitor Coordinator works to improve the quality of life for residents and reduce their loneliness and isolation by recruiting, coordinating, and connecting individual volunteers from the community with isolated residents who live in nursing homes and assisted living facilities in the City of Dallas.
• Developing and implementing a plan to recruit, train, motivate and retain friendly visitor volunteers for nursing homes and assisted living facilities in the City of Dallas.
• Developing a relationship with corporations, schools, retiree groups, churches, civic and service organizations to make them aware of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program and secure their support and assistance in recruiting friendly visitor volunteers.
• Developing and maintaining online volunteer opportunity postings.
• Participating in community volunteer recruitment fairs.
• Facilitating and monitoring the application process at each facility.
• Providing orientation to volunteers prior to their initial visits.
• Establishing a working relationship with nursing home and assisted living activity directors through regular communication and sharing of relevant resources
• Generous PTO policy
• 403B contribution plan with employer matching
• Opportunities for working remotely
• A collaborative culture with team building and staff events throughout the year
• Ability to work independently and creatively
• Ability to work effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds, ages, and interests
• Strong public speaking and writing skills
• Excellent organization and computer skills, with proficiency in Salesforce, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
• Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of two years of experience in volunteer management or equivalent experience
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to MyNewJob@theseniorsource.org
The Senior Source is the #1 resource in the Dallas area for empowering and equipping individuals and families to navigate aging. Since 1961, we have provided financial and emotional services for older adults to age with dignity and purpose. Whether older adults are navigating financial matters, caregiving issues, or senior living options, The Senior Source guides them towards a successful solution.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to The Senior Source’s mission of enhancing the quality of life of older adults in Dallas. We continually foster and support the principles and values of our agency by promoting an environment that is welcoming and inclusive of all values, opinions, experiences, cultures to best address the needs of our employees, clients, and volunteers.
The Senior Source is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.