We’ve shifted gears and have gone virtual!
We know from experience that many residents seldom, if ever, have regular visitors. This concern is further impacted by the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, which adversely affects long-term care residents and therefore restricts in-person visitation from community volunteers.
Serving virtually provides safe social distancing opportunities for you, your family, church, corporation, small business, school, college, non-profit, social or civic group while still making a big difference and a positive impact in the resident’s quality of life.
How You Can Help
- Create and send greeting cards, notes of encouragement, artwork, hand-drawn pictures
- Become pen pals or video/telephone buddies (HIPAA guidelines apply, varies per facility)
- Host virtual games like Bingo, read books, live entertainment, talent show, fashion show, etc. (technology equipment & capacity varies per facility)
- Record short senior-friendly videos (educational topics, exercise, music/entertainment, hobbies, travel, family, pets, etc.)
- Donate pre-approved snacks (ship via online vendors is encouraged)
- Donate pre-approved recreational/craft supplies (ship via online vendors is encouraged)
- Coordinate pre-approved vehicle parades (varies per facility)