Senior Connection is a support and networking meeting for job seekers 50+. It meets the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month, 10:00 am – 12:00 noon.
Senior Connection connects older adults to:
- other job seekers
- job leads
- career counseling
- job hunting tips & hints
- the latest market information
- educational opportunities
Join us to:
- learn from experts in the field
- hear who’s hiring and the positions currently available
- find out from your fellow job seekers age 50+ what works
- share your experiences and concerns
- access current job openings
The thirty minutes or so that you spend in a job interview can determine your future. Your presentation of skills, personal appearance and preparation for the job interview will influence the employer’s decision regarding offering you a position. Our Interview Workshops will teach you to. . .
- Create a great first impression
- Effectively sell your skills and experience
- Show how you can meet the needs of the employer
- Overcome any of the challenging questions employers ask
- Rise above the competition and use strategic follow-up methods
Interview workshops take place monthly.See Calendar for Dates and Times >
A new initiative, Ladies 1st focuses on the unique needs of older women seeking employment by offering:
- Support Groups – These sessions address unique interests of women job seekers and offer women-only support groups. These meetings are on the 2nd and 4th Mondays from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Mock interview sessions – Interviews are filmed and then shared with the participants so they can assess how they come across in an interview situation.
- Mentoring – Participants are assigned to retired and currently working women volunteers for more individual assistance
Senior Success Series
These popular workshops focus on the use of social media and will help you. . .
- Learn how to use social media effectively in your job search
- Create a persuasive LinkedIn profile
- Search jobs, join networking groups and build connections
Senior Success Series Workshops monthly.See Calendar for Dates and Times >
A resume is used as both a screening and a selection tool for prospective employers. It is a reflection of you and in less than 10 seconds can make an impression. In our Resume Workshops, you will learn to. . .
- Sell yourself in your opening profile
- Target your resume to what the employer wants
- Market yourself effectively
- Use the right key words
Resume workshops take place monthly.See Calendar for Dates and Times >
Job Search Seminars
At our seminars you can learn how to:
- conduct an effective and successful job search
- target the hidden job market
- market yourself effectively to employers
- develop the skills to cope with the job search
- Embrace technology with our basic skills course so you can apply for jobs on-line
- Learn how to navigate the internet effectively to research and find jobs
- Gain skills to create spreadsheets and presentations
Need More Info?
For information about any of our seminars and workshops call 214-823-5700 or email.