Senior Connection is a support and networking meeting for job seekers 50+. It meets the 3rd Thursday of each month, 10:00 am – 12:00 noon. Newcomers join us for a brief orientation at 9:30 prior to the meeting.
Senior Connection connects older adults to:
- other job seekers
- job leads
- career counseling
- job hunting tips & hints
- the latest market information
- educational opportunities
Join us to:
- learn from experts in the field
- hear who’s hiring and the positions currently available
- find out from your fellow job seekers age 50+ what works
- share your experiences and concerns
- access current job openings
The thirty minutes or so that you spend in a job interview can determine your future. Your presentation of skills, personal appearance, and preparation for the job interview will influence the employer’s decision regarding offering you a position. Our Interview Workshops will teach you to. . .
- Create a great first impression
- Effectively sell your skills and experience
- Show how you can meet the needs of the employer
- Overcome any of the challenging questions employers ask
- Rise above the competition and use strategic follow-up methods
Interview workshops take place monthly.
Getting Started: The New World of Work
If you are 50+, you have probably noticed that searching for employment today is much different than when you looked for your first job. Our Getting Started workshop will help you learn the fundamentals of navigating the new world of work so that you’re on your way to reaching your employment goals in no time!
This free event is open to individuals age 50 and older, but RSVP is required to firstname.lastname@example.org or (214) 823-5700 or to ensure a space.
Senior Success Series
These popular workshops focus on the use of social media and will help you. . .
- Learn how to use social media effectively in your job search
- Create a persuasive LinkedIn profile
- Search jobs, join networking groups and build connections
Senior Success Series Workshops monthly.
A resume is used as both a screening and a selection tool for prospective employers. It is a reflection of you and in less than 10 seconds can make an impression. In our Resume Workshops, you will learn to. . .
- Sell yourself in your opening profile
- Target your resume to what the employer wants
- Market yourself effectively
- Use the right key words
Resume workshops take place monthly.
Job Search Seminars
At our seminars you can learn how to:
- conduct an effective and successful job search
- target the hidden job market
- market yourself effectively to employers
- develop the skills to cope with the job search
- Embrace technology with our basic skills course so you can apply for jobs on-line
- Learn how to navigate the internet effectively to research and find jobs
- Gain skills to create spreadsheets and presentations
Need More Info?
For information about any of our seminars and workshops call 214-823-5700 or email.