Become a Virtual Friendly Visitor
Want to brighten someone’s day?
Below are ways that you can help lift the spirits and offer encouragement and hope for residents and staff of Dallas County nursing home and assisted living facilities:
- Correspondence for Residents and Staff (e.g., letters/notes of encouragement, greeting cards, or drawings/artwork) can be sent in care of the respective activity director. The residents/staff names cannot be provided due to privacy guidelines, however, please use the following salutations (e.g., Greetings, Dear Friend, Hello, Hi).
- Donations for residents while in isolation: (New Items Only) playing cards, Checker sets, Dominoes sets, paint-by-numbers, basic craft sets, basic wood craft kits, basic adult coloring books & color pens/markers, coloring sheets, activity sheets, word search books, puzzle books, faith based books, large print books/novels, blank note cards/greeting cards and stamps, jigsaw puzzles (less than 50), wall or door room decorations for Spring/Summer.
- Food Items: (No homemade food): Pre-packaged goods such as: assorted sandwich crackers, small bags of assorted chips, soft Cheetos, cookies, fruit snacks, jello and pudding cups, diet & regular canned/plastic bottled drinks (e.g., Root Beer, Fanta, Coke, Ginger Ale, Sprite, 7-Up), snack cakes, Goldfish crackers, candy (e.g., 3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Snickers, Twix, Hershey chocolates, Peppermint, etc.). Include sugar-free options.
Please fill out the form below-
Shop with Amazon Smile and 0.5% of your purchases will be donated back to The Senior Source. Simply select The Senior Source as your charity of choice when you sign up at smile.amazon.com.
Want to help a socially isolated client of The Senior Source?
- Our clients are taking the CDC’s recommendations very seriously to protect the health of themselves and their loved ones. While doing so, their food supply and basic care needs are at risk. The Senior Source is keeping a list of the needs of our low income clients and you can help fulfill them!
- Just purchase an electronic gift card from Amazon.com and send it to email@example.com. Our staff will then use your funds to purchase the requested items of our clients and have those items delivered safely. Please feel free to include a note such as “I hope these items brighten your day” and we will pass that along to the client.