Volunteer as a Group
Volunteering as a group has multiple benefits in addition to service provided to community. Whether you’re involved in a corporate team, service organization, religious group, civic club, youth group, scout troop, or a student community service project, volunteering as a group:
- Increases group pride and loyalty
- Improves member attendance, recruitment and retention
- Is a great team building exercise
Groups can volunteer through The Senior Source’s programs including RSVP and Friendly Visitors.
Other volunteer ideas for groups include:
- Plan and give a volunteer recognition for volunteers in the Foster Grandparent Program or Senior Companion Program.
- Hold a drive to purchase window air conditioners
- Collect new items for frail, low income older adults, such as socks, undergarments, nightgowns and pajamas, body lotions, kleenex and other personal care items. For our complete wish list, click here.
- Contact us to discuss your group’s idea!